Monday, June 8, 2009

The Health Care Debate Rages On

I found myself participating in this discussion. It's always interesting to encounter my fellow citizens on days when I'm stuck in bed and can't be an advocate for positive change in any other way. I can't even volunteer to make phone calls right now; I've got a very hoarse voice again. Good old lupus and Sjogren's Syndrome.

Anyway, I get out there and do my best, but then I have to take breaks. There are a lot of people who are not very nice to those of us who have had absolutely no choice but to use government-paid health care. No matter where I go, I always run in to at least one of them!

As a nation, we didn't always fear change so much. It seems amazing to think we were begun by a revolution, when I look at people clinging to the most expensive health care system in the world which still lets many of its citizens die, while leaving many others uncovered or undercovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit Counter